4 things meme
October 18, 2006
I’ve been tagged by Ayelet, and I’m such a sucker for memes, that I’m not even going to apologize for enjoying it! Here goes:
Four jobs I’ve had:
1. Seller at a gift shop – at 17, I think. The part I loved most was wrapping presents for people!
2. Receptionist – the company where my mom worked had a special program for employee kids, who could come work on holidays. It was fun!
3. Airport security person – you know the people who ask, “who packed your bags?” – I was one of them.
4. Translator – both in-house and self-employed. Currently 100% self-employed and loving every minute. Hebrew speakers, go read my other blog, maybe that’ll make me update it.
Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Moulin Rouge – I love it. I love the color, the music, the story, Nicole Kidman, Ewan McGregor. I watched it about 5 times in the cinema, and a million more at home. One of my boyfriends once bought me the DVD, but took it back when we broke up. Oh, and my birthday is not far! 😉
2. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (the animated one!) – I used to watch this endlessly as a child, and that’s where I learned what “Turkish delight” was – I love the name and the sweet till this day.
3. Grease! This is definitely the movie I’ve watched most. I don’t havea copy now, but I would watch it again and again and again. Yay, Grease lightnin’…
4. Notting Hill – because it’s a good chick flick, with Hugh Grant, London, a book store and a great love story. Stop rolling your eyes! Oh, and I can watch this over and over and over. And do!
Four places I have lived:
1. Kiriyat Ata, Israel.
2. Teheran, Iran (oh, this is so sexy, I love talking about it. I only lived there for about 2-3 months when I was 2 [my dad worked there], but still..Teheran!)
3. Lagos, Nigeria – 10 very beautiful years of my childhood, ages 5-15.
4. Tel Aviv, Israel. Right now, I can’t think of living anywhere else. I love this city.
Four television shows I love to watch:
I don’t have a television, but I currently follow:
1. Prison Break
3. Desperate Housewives
4. Studio 60
Four places I have been on vacation:
During our 10 years in Nigeria we traveled a lot. I was in North and South America, Asia, Europe and Africa before the age of 15. The four last places I’ve been to are:
1. New York
Four of my favorite dishes:
I can’t help it. (but my favorite-favorite pasta is a dish called zia Anna Lisa at Amore Mio: spaghetti with Arugula, sweet potato, feta cheese and black olives)
Four websites I visit daily:
Ynet – my home page. Something to balance my innate optimism, I guess. Also, not having a television, this is my only source for news.
Flickr – My addiction. No, I’m not going to tell you how many hours I spend there.
My blogroll – I check them more than once a day.
Ynet crafting forum
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. In a workshop with Anahata Katkin or Teesha Moore.
2. Anywhere in the States – I have a terrible craving for the States (watch this space, wink, wink!)
3. London – been there only once, for a week, and I miss it.
4. Dubai – makes me really curious. A magazine I read during the summer described at as a huge Disneyland – another place I would always be happyto go back to!
Four bloggers I am tagging:
Go for it! 😉