The Interview Meme
June 6, 2007
Ayelet posted an interview meme, and I volunteered to be interviewed. So here are her (great!) questions, and my answers:
1. If you weren’t a translator, what would you work at?
Oh, I love dreaming. I must say I love my job dearly, and it’s a dream come true, but if I weren’t a translator, I’d like to design stationery, maybe have my own bookstore for used books, or be an artist and just get to slap paint and experiement all day long. Oooh, and ever since I read that Anahata Katkin employs glitter girls, I’ve been fantasizing about that too – how cool is that? you just sit all day, and add glitter accents to postcards and stationery!
2. You’re a crafty person – but your favorite medium is paper. What do you find in paper that’s missing from the other mediums?
Versatility! You can do anything with it: weave it, stitch it, build with it, paint it, stick it, scrapbook it, fold it, it comes in all sizes, textures, with or without patterns, it can be any size, it can look like other materials. Oh, and you can hoard it! 😉
3. Black and white, or colour?
4. If you could have 1000$ to spend in ANY site on the internet, which one would it be?
Probably Ebay, because they have everything there, but if not Ebay, definitely Etsy.com. There are so many great artists there, I have a huge wish list. Oh, and I could easily spendn on Anahata Katkin’s site, too. There is not a single thing there that I wouldn’t like to have!
5. If you couldn’t live in Tel-Aviv – where would you like to live?
I love Tel Aviv, but if I must choose it would have to be a great big, bustling city, preferably with nice people, good food, beautiful markets, some kind of water (river, sea, etc.). I think, in this order, I would like to live in Amsterdam, Florence, London, Paris, San Francisco, Tokyo. Oh well, any beautiful large city would do!
Well, would you like to be interviewed by me? Here’s what you have to do:
1. Leave a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. Beware, I’m not shy of asking personal questions! Please make sure I have your email address.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.