October 3, 2007
A few smart, funny, inspirational links I’ve enjoyed recently:
- Pink Prank Project – It’s really cool, and pink is so pretty, and I admire the effort, but hey, don’t do it to me, ok? (via Rag and Bone blog)
- Faces in places – so cute.
- Anna Quindlen’s Speech – Get a Life! Wonderful. I’m going to print this out and carry it with me. (via Ali Edwards)
- Oh, The Places You’ll Go! – I came across a quote from this Dr. Seuss book somewhere on the internet, and searched the whole book. It’s wonderful on so many levels. Read it!
- Ali’s Travel journal – I’m traveling later this month, so I’ve really been looking into journals, to find a method that would appeal to me and be feasible while traveling. Ali’s journal is wonderful, and this one here too.
- Kolby Kirk’s travel journals – So much inspiration there. Not only in his journals, but in his travels, too! Make sure to check out his Flickr, and the handmade journal he created in preparation (yes, that means before traveling) for his trip to Peru. I’m really curious to see whether I have the guts to ask the immigration officer to stamp my journal. heh. 🙂
October 8, 2006
I never remember to check Studio Friday or all the other inspirational days-of-the-week sites, so I got a reminder from Hanna(thanks!;).
I have a small (but cozy!) apartment, so my creative space is in my living room. It’s a crafting table I set up, and I have a whole Ikea cabinet which I bought for my (translation) business, but it has gradually turned into my crafting cabinet (which is not to say that my other closets are not full of rolls of paper, felting wool, and boxes I have wonderful plans for!). Anyway, I am telling you all this just as an explanation to why I don’t have an inspiration board although I would love one – it simply seems too cluttered to my eyes to have that in my living room, so although I have one, it’s tucked away in one of the closets I mentioned above.
So why am I participating in this SF? well, I have my small fridge, and on it I stick all my favorite bits and pieces which I’ve received as gifts from family, swaps, and online friends. I love how it’s gotten to be so colorful, happy and international! So here it is, my little fridge. If you want it annotated, click here and you’ll see it on my Flickr stream with all the notes.