June 6, 2007
Ayelet posted an interview meme, and I volunteered to be interviewed. So here are her (great!) questions, and my answers:
1. If you weren’t a translator, what would you work at?
Oh, I love dreaming. I must say I love my job dearly, and it’s a dream come true, but if I weren’t a translator, I’d like to design stationery, maybe have my own bookstore for used books, or be an artist and just get to slap paint and experiement all day long. Oooh, and ever since I read that Anahata Katkin employs glitter girls, I’ve been fantasizing about that too – how cool is that? you just sit all day, and add glitter accents to postcards and stationery!
2. You’re a crafty person – but your favorite medium is paper. What do you find in paper that’s missing from the other mediums?
Versatility! You can do anything with it: weave it, stitch it, build with it, paint it, stick it, scrapbook it, fold it, it comes in all sizes, textures, with or without patterns, it can be any size, it can look like other materials. Oh, and you can hoard it! 😉
3. Black and white, or colour?
4. If you could have 1000$ to spend in ANY site on the internet, which one would it be?
Probably Ebay, because they have everything there, but if not Ebay, definitely Etsy.com. There are so many great artists there, I have a huge wish list. Oh, and I could easily spendn on Anahata Katkin’s site, too. There is not a single thing there that I wouldn’t like to have!
5. If you couldn’t live in Tel-Aviv – where would you like to live?
I love Tel Aviv, but if I must choose it would have to be a great big, bustling city, preferably with nice people, good food, beautiful markets, some kind of water (river, sea, etc.). I think, in this order, I would like to live in Amsterdam, Florence, London, Paris, San Francisco, Tokyo. Oh well, any beautiful large city would do!
Well, would you like to be interviewed by me? Here’s what you have to do:
1. Leave a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. Beware, I’m not shy of asking personal questions! Please make sure I have your email address.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
May 18, 2007
I have finally been tagged by Tamar! Yay! I was feeling so unpopular…:-)
So, meme lover that I am, here are 7 random facts about me:
1. I can’t stand to see medical procedures or snakes – not on TV, not in print, nowhere. Brrrrr. I am not, however, scared of cockroaches, and don’t mind killing them.
2. I never make my bed. Or understand why others do.
3. I have not left my house without eyeliner since the age of 15. One black line under my eyes. Apart from that I hardly ever wear make-up.
4. I’m really scared of thunder and lightning. Well, I hate the winter in general, and I really hate rain.
5. I love burned food. Well, not burned-burned, but you know, a-little-overdone-and-toasted-crispy-scraped-off-the-botton-of-the-pan type of burned.
6. My pet peeve is people who use [‘s] when they want to use the plural (girl’s friend’s, etc.) . I am so making an LO about this! 🙂
7. I *really* hate shopping for clothes. I’d rather shop for shoes, bags, and scrapbooking materials any day (especially scrapbooking materials! Any day!).
If you read this, please feel free to tell me 7 random things about you, too! Oh yes, that would be another random thing about me. I actually **read** all those random things in blogs of complete strangers, and find them very interesting. 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend, I’m going out to sushi tonight, and then it’s a regular workday tomorrow. Oh well, at least I still have this week’s Grey’s episode to watch.:)
October 18, 2006
I’ve been tagged by Ayelet, and I’m such a sucker for memes, that I’m not even going to apologize for enjoying it! Here goes:
Four jobs I’ve had:
1. Seller at a gift shop – at 17, I think. The part I loved most was wrapping presents for people!
2. Receptionist – the company where my mom worked had a special program for employee kids, who could come work on holidays. It was fun!
3. Airport security person – you know the people who ask, “who packed your bags?” – I was one of them.
4. Translator – both in-house and self-employed. Currently 100% self-employed and loving every minute. Hebrew speakers, go read my other blog, maybe that’ll make me update it.
Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Moulin Rouge – I love it. I love the color, the music, the story, Nicole Kidman, Ewan McGregor. I watched it about 5 times in the cinema, and a million more at home. One of my boyfriends once bought me the DVD, but took it back when we broke up. Oh, and my birthday is not far! 😉
2. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (the animated one!) – I used to watch this endlessly as a child, and that’s where I learned what “Turkish delight” was – I love the name and the sweet till this day.
3. Grease! This is definitely the movie I’ve watched most. I don’t havea copy now, but I would watch it again and again and again. Yay, Grease lightnin’…
4. Notting Hill – because it’s a good chick flick, with Hugh Grant, London, a book store and a great love story. Stop rolling your eyes! Oh, and I can watch this over and over and over. And do!
Four places I have lived:
1. Kiriyat Ata, Israel.
2. Teheran, Iran (oh, this is so sexy, I love talking about it. I only lived there for about 2-3 months when I was 2 [my dad worked there], but still..Teheran!)
3. Lagos, Nigeria – 10 very beautiful years of my childhood, ages 5-15.
4. Tel Aviv, Israel. Right now, I can’t think of living anywhere else. I love this city.
Four television shows I love to watch:
I don’t have a television, but I currently follow:
1. Prison Break
3. Desperate Housewives
4. Studio 60
Four places I have been on vacation:
During our 10 years in Nigeria we traveled a lot. I was in North and South America, Asia, Europe and Africa before the age of 15. The four last places I’ve been to are:
1. New York
Four of my favorite dishes:
I can’t help it. (but my favorite-favorite pasta is a dish called zia Anna Lisa at Amore Mio: spaghetti with Arugula, sweet potato, feta cheese and black olives)
Four websites I visit daily:
Ynet – my home page. Something to balance my innate optimism, I guess. Also, not having a television, this is my only source for news.
Flickr – My addiction. No, I’m not going to tell you how many hours I spend there.
My blogroll – I check them more than once a day.
Ynet crafting forum
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. In a workshop with Anahata Katkin or Teesha Moore.
2. Anywhere in the States – I have a terrible craving for the States (watch this space, wink, wink!)
3. London – been there only once, for a week, and I miss it.
4. Dubai – makes me really curious. A magazine I read during the summer described at as a huge Disneyland – another place I would always be happyto go back to!
Four bloggers I am tagging:
Go for it! 😉